Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Inspiration

I have always enjoyed writing, even when I was much younger. I remember writing stories in fifth or sixth grade, I would involve my other classmates and weave a story that would include twists, turns, and surprises. I recall one story that I wrote including a tornado that ripped the school apart. My classmates enjoyed the stories, mostly because they all became a character and a star of a part of the story.
I still love writing and I am constantly coming up with new book ideas, sometimes the inspiration comes from a dream, a song, a game, or some other experience that I have. I am currently working on a book, one that I have been thinking about writing since I was 15 but didn’t actually start until last year. I have over two hundred and fifty pages and find that I am not even at the middle of the story yet. So many things in my mind, in my imagination that I want to say, my hope is that I will be able to finish this book by next year (if not sooner) and get it published. Of course this is my hope but even if I am unable to get it published it will be a great thing to finish it. And who knows, with all the stories that I have in my head perhaps this book will just be the first of a long line, but whether or not it is nice to write them down even if the only thing that will ever see them is the pages they are written on.
I try to find time to write but of late I am only able to catch a few moments here or there, hence the fact that I started the book last fall was able to write for about four months then life got crazy and I really didn’t write anything until this summer when I went to Finland. But now I am up and writing again and working on finding more time. As I am writing this a song just came on my Zune, it is actually the song that started me writing the book I am working on. It is Now Comes The Night by Rob Thomas, it is one of my favorite songs and a large part of the inspiration I found in writing my book. Music tends to be an inspiration to me for many things.

No comments:

Followers