Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bad Day

As I write this I think about the song “bad day” by Daniel Powter and then I think about the chipmunks singing it in “Alvin and the Chipmunks” and I smile. Yesterday was just a bad day, a Robinson Crusoe day; were I just wanted to disappear and be on a deserted island with no one near me. I could only find my faults and the mistakes that I have made and could see none of the talents that I know God has given me. The funny thing is that my day and mood did not start getting better until I was at home working on some homework that was due the next day. Then this morning I read a friends blog about her difficult day and the feeling that she sticks out like a sore thumb. I have often felt that way, but I realized I enjoy my uniqueness I enjoy being the Calla Lilly that I am in a field of roses. My friend said she was a pink daisy, and although I love daisies I know that that is not who I am, I am a Calla Lilly, so now there are at least two different flowers in this field of roses and I am grateful for my daisy friend and for not being alone. But I am also glad to not be a rose, roses are not bad they are just not me.

My friends post

No comments:

Followers