Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lasik

had Lasik eye surgery this morning and Mom came and was able to watch through some monitors. I gave her my cell phone and she was able to take some pictures of the procedure. So here we go:






Ok so in the first picture you see the monitors that Mom got to watch on. the first shows the close up of my eye and the bottom of the room. Yes I am holding a Teddy Bear, they give you this to hold on to because you want to touch your eye while the procedure is happening and this of course is something you cannot do. So I had to think of the Teddy bear as a sort of Grenade, if I let go we all die.

The second picture with the metal looking thing is the suction they put on to cut the flap, this is the only time during the procedure that your sight goes dark and you cant see. The nest two pictures are with the flap off and that is why the eye has a dull look to it. If you look you can see the flap it is on the right side of the eye. the second one he is starting to put the flap back on with the little tool. this metal looking tool administers drops and tests pressure. the last picture is the flap back in place. You are awake the whole time and you see everything except for when they use the suction. Right after the surgery I was able to see better.












4 comments:

Sara Rose said...

WHOA!!!! I think I would crap my pants!! Dallin saw the pic and Said " Mommy!!"! He thought it looked freaky! I am so happy for you!!!! I don't know how mom could watch that! It something about eyes! It freaks me out still thinking about it! Awesome! Though!!! So when are you buying yourself some sexy sunglasses!?!

Rachel (Victoria) Young said...

Yes I plan to buy some very sexy sunglasses!

Gary and Rebecca Dustin said...

I don't think I could handle that, I don't really like anything touching my eyes. I am so happy for you though. I can't wait to see you with you new eyes

Mandi said...

That is just crazy! Daniel says he can't believe you got it without telling "anybody".
I don't know if I could do it, just because you see almost the whole time what is happening...
You looked great with glasses though but now you can go to swimming pool and see where your date is waiting for you! I have experience...
Congratulations!

Followers